Artikelnummer : SNY160140
No bullshit – this board will shatter your long-held beliefs of what a snowboard can do or even what length you should be riding.Super short, the 420 plays with volume distribution and get its float and stability.YES
Since introducing the 420 a couple years ago, Yes has received a steady stream of testimonials from people that were literally blown away from their experience. No bullshit – this board will shatter your long-held beliefs of what a snowboard can do or even what length you should be riding.
Super short, the 420 plays with volume distribution and get its float and stability from the exaggerated width, a little taper and a custom crafted base profile. The outline and base-surface area of the 148 is equal to a traditional 158 cm board and therefore has similar float and stability.
But with all the mass located closer to your feet, it’s far more maneuverable in the trees and way easier to spin. Because Yes doesn’t get carried away with taper, swallowtails or overly setback stances, the board also rides switch and holds amazingly well on hardpack.
- RIDERS: Anyone with an open mind and a desire to fly
- SHAPE: Directional Weird
- OUTLINE: Radial Tapered : Inspired by Steve Lis, and the revolution that occurred when kneeboards influenced surfboard design. Powder is all about speed and flotation. Displacement of a board’s volume is affected by more than just length. With the 420 for example, we’re able to get the stability and float normally associated with much longer boards by punching out the waist width and drastically chopping the length. The148 for example has the same circumference and base surface as a traditional 160 but it’s mass is located much closer to your feet resulting more maneuverability and far less swing weight A slight taper (12mm) helps keep the nose up without loosing the tail’s ability to hold in hardpack. Stance is only slightly set back from center of effective edge because the difference in nose and tail shovel keeps you from going over the nose.
- FLEX: 3.5/5
- BASE PROFILE: PowRock 6-0-2
- CORE: Weightless Core : The weightless core strikes a critical balance between lightweight and strength. Using a lower density species of poplar in areas that are not as structural and Paulownia in the areas that are, we’re able to shave precious weight off our beloved 420 and now the 20/20. This helps a board not only float, but “feel” floaty.
- GLASS: Triax
- BASE MATERIAL: Sintered Spec : This is the term we use and is the grey zone many companies play in. We call it Sintered Spec because it’s hardness and chemical properties are very close to true sintered and it’s on-snow performance is also very close to true sintered - but it’s formed using the extrusion process. How? – Well the raw material is actually preconsumer recycled (meaning it never left the factory) sintered base material. So while the heating and extrusion process has softened it slightly, it’s still much harder than true Extruded.
|Tip (mm)||Mitte (mm)||Tail (mm)||Gewicht (g)|